THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Spelling Lesson. Faith is spelled - OBEDIENCE.

Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever
~ Psalm 86:11-12 ~
An undivided heart is the key here. We must be completely sold out for the Lord. Nothing else in this world can have our attention, out time, or our actions. You might ask 'how could I function if that's all I did?" Well, the rest of the text says's, 'and I will walk in Your ways, I will fear Your name, I will glorify You' and that equates to OBEDIENCE. When my heart is undivided and given completely over to the Lord, I will treat my wife and kids the way I should, I will help those who can't help themselves, I will intercede for people in prayer, I will put others above myself, I will give up the passions and pleasures of the world that the Lord calls evil. Having an undivided heart is not passive meditation, it is active obedience. Andrew Murray puts it like this; "When understanding of God's Word takes place, and by faith it is received into the heart, there is surrender of will. When this takes place, the heart becomes the sanctuary of God, and the soul cries out, 'the law is in my heart'"
 
 When only the mind believes there is pride and arrogance but when the heart believes, the result is sanctification and obedience. Oh' Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. 

1 comment:

Bro. Tony P. said...

Inspired word brother. Very edifying.