THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Lord, how I need thee. My true confession.

Having an ice cream cone with my wife this evening on the outside patio of a little ice cream parlor we enjoy. A young couple next to us were having a conversation and we couldn't help but over hear them as they were only a couple feet away. The young man was talking about someone who had cancer but was now in remission. His comment was this, "It's too bad he had cancer but now he gets to enjoy all the perks like Make A Wish" 
Now I understand what he was trying to say but when in public we really need to be careful how we speak, you see I have a 13 year old daughter who has battled cancer for 10 years, and still is. She has had her right scapula removed, her left leg amputated, over 25 major surgeries leaving major scars all over her body, and much more I won't mention. Yes, it is true she got Make A Wish and went to Disney World (and I thank God for them) she has also received lots of gifts and things she would not have otherwise received, but tell me, were these 'perks' worth the cost of losing her childhood, having to wear a prosthetic leg, having limited movement with her right arm, or all the pain and suffering of going through radiation and chemo four different times, plus all the countless medications she takes, not to mention the stress on her and all her loved ones. I was so angered I had to say something to Him, I was as polite as I could be but (here comes my confession) on the inside I was so angry I wanted to beat this young man. Now before you say, " I can understand why" let me say, "That feeling of anger was not justified and did not come from God" it came from me trying to keep my anger within myself and not giving it to God, it came from relying on my own strength to hold things together instead of God's strength. . I should have used that moment to educate this young man and show Him the love of God. Instead I was angry because he didn't see the pain and suffering that comes from this horrible disease. I think often times too, we see the so called fun that sinners are having and don't take serious the pain and suffering that is really underneath. I am spending time in prayer tonight, asking God to take this anger that until tonight I did not know was there. In some ways I guess I need to thank this young man as without the events of tonight I might have continued to carry this burden, instead I am giving it to Jesus, for His yoke is light. Jesus said, and still says, "Come all you who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28

No comments: