THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hard Labor...

During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.  
~ Hebrews 5:7 ~

To do something fervently is to labor at it. When was the last time you labored in offering up prayers with cries and tears? We so often want God to bless us or deliver us, but how often do we truly labor in prayer concerning our situation? 

The Lord speaks of this through Isaiah in Chapter 43.  ...you have burdened me with your sins and wearied me with your offenses...Yet you have not called on me...you have not wearied yourselves for Me...

The words in Isaiah hit me like a baseball bat between the eyes

Hebrews 5:7 also tells us God heard Jesus because of his reverent submission. When we humble ourselves and labor in pray with tears to the only one who can save us, He hears us. Isaiah also say's, of The Lord, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

I don't know about you but I got some problems in my life, and if Jesus needed to labor in prayer with cries and tears then I certainly know I do too! It's time for me to put aside all the distractions I call comfort and get back to what my Lord has called me to all along...Prayer. 


No comments: