THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It's all Greek to me...


1Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. 
~ Ephesians 5:1-2 ~

For me, there is something about seeing the text in the original language that gives it a deeper meaning. I guess it reminds me this is not some new philosophy of man, but rather the ancient word of God. And what does it say? Walk in the way of love as Christ loved us. Love says, it's OK for that person to take my parking spot, love says, tonight I will not yell at my wife and kids, love says, put others above myself. 

Need to know what love would do in any given circumstance?

 
 
 
 
Jeremiah 6:16 tells us when at a crossroads "This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for soul. 

And what is the ancient path...well go back to the original, the creator, it is the ways of God Himself!

And for something interesting, click or touch any of the Greek words to see it's original meaning.  




No comments: