THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The KEY to life...

Let's pretend you are in the desert with nothing around for a thousand miles but sand. You have a vehicle that has enough gas to get you out of the desert but you dropped the key and can't find it. Even if you had a trunk load of money, silver, and gold, it would be useless to you, and it's to far to walk, the only thing of any value is that key. How hard would you search for the key? What if the sand was a little hot, would that stop you? What if you were hungry, would that stop you? With no other way out, is there anything that would stop you from looking for that key with intense passion? If you found it how much would you love and treasure that key?
Psalm 119 is a love letter to God's Laws. The author realizes His only hope is found in God's laws, mercy, and grace. Nothing else matters, nothing else can help him. The key to survival, the key to real happiness, the key to life...is God's commands. God's laws are not meant to weigh us down, they are given to us to bring life. Now, we can start to understand some of the authors words.
"The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold...I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches...Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end... Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart.... Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word. Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that you may be feared. Take away the disgrace I dread, for your laws are good. How I long for your precepts! Preserve my life in your righteousness"
 
 
Are you lost, alone, broken down, hurt, hungry, thirsty? Humble yourself, pray, seek God's face, praise Him in the morning, thank Him in the evening, and search out God's commands with all your heart that you might obey them and live

No comments: