THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Monday, October 22, 2012

God's Will....or...Your Will?

How are you fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how are you cut down to the ground, who did weaken the nations For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
~ Isaiah 14:12-14 ~
 
Five times Lucifer said ..."I will"  
PRIDE
 
How many times per day do we say (not out loud but in our hearts), "I will" or in other words
"No, I want to do it my way"  
God says, "do no hate"...we say "No, they offended me, I will do it my way"
 
God says, "Spend time with me in prayer"...we say, "no, I want to watch T.V. I will do it my way" 
 
God says, "Go talk to that person"...we say, "No, that would be uncomfortable, I will do it my way"
 
God says, "Go help that person"...we say, "No, that would inconvenience me, I will do it my way"
 
God says, "Be slow to speak & quick to listen"...we say, "No, I will do it my way"
 
 
 Jesus said "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Luke 22:42 And he said unto them, How is it that you sought me? knew you not that I must be about my Father's business? Luke 2:49 (Humility)
  
 We see in Jesus that true humility is not just a reverence to God it is also obedience!
.
Not my will...but Yours!
 
James 4:6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble...
 
 
 


No comments: