THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I have heard it said...

I have heard it said that "salvation is easy but sanctifiction is hard" Although I can appreciate what people are trying to say, or the message they are trying to relate, being that of  'Jesus died for you so all you have to do is believe in your heart and say this simple prayer' and although there is truth to that statement the fact remains 'salvation is easy' is not Biblical. To beleive in Jesus means to die to self and be raised with Christ. Death is never easy! 1 Peter 4:18 tells us,
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"
 
Original Word: μόλις Phonetic spelling: mólis ("what barely happens") emphasizes the slight margin by which something comes to pass, i.e. because it is so difficult
Concerning sanctification yes the Bible tells us we will have much trouble in this world but Jesus in Matthew 11:28-30 tells us, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Personally I don't know anyone that truly came to Christ that didn't sufer much brokeness, brokeness is painful, and very difficult. Salvation is so hard in fact it took God Himself coming to earth in the form of man, taking our sins upon Himself, and dying on a cross. Let's not make light what Jesus did on that cross by good intentions. People need to know the truth, God sacrificed EVERYTHING and laid down His life for us, and we too must die. There's nothing easy about it.

No comments: