THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Are you hungry and thirsty?

Have you ever been really hungry? I mean really, really hungry? Have you ever been intensely thirsty? So thirsty your body ached for a drink of refreshing water, in fact it needed one?

Jesus teaches, "Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst after Righteousness, for they shall be filled" ~Matthew 5:6~

In Greek the word hunger is πεινάω translated peinaó - Phonetic Spelling: 
(pi-nah'-o) meaning... hungry, needy, to desire earnestly. 

Thirst is:  Original Word: διψάω translated dipsaó - Phonetic Spelling: (dip-sah'-o)

Meaning...I thirst for, desire earnestly.

Righteousness is: δικαιοσύνη, ης, ἡ translated dikaiosuné - Phonetic Spelling: (dik-ah-yos-oo'-nay) Meaning:  Righteousness of which God is the source or author, but practically: a divine righteousness, the approval of God, what is right in God's eyes. 

When was the last time you were truly Hungry and Thirsty for God's approval and divine righteousness? Or is it just something you simply desire like desert after you've already eaten. You feel like you don't really need it but it would be nice to have it.  If you get it great, but if not, well your not really hungry anyway so it's OK? 

Oh Blessed are the few who truly ache for God's approval. Those who live in surrender everyday as there is nothing more in this world they desire and ache for than God's Divine Righteousness. Those who cry out to Him, who consistently grow in their knowledge of Him, those who would gladly give up all to have Christ for just one minute. 

For they...shall be filled... χορτάζω - chortazó - (khor-tad'-zo)  feed, satisfied, 

They shall be Content with their lot in life for they know Christ and need nothing more. 

Are you hungry and thirsty? Don't answer to quickly. Go before God and see how He answers that question. If He answers no, cry out to Him and ask Him to make you hungry and thirsty.

Here are the Lyrics to Sidewalk Prophets "Keep Making Me" 

Make me brokenSo I can be healed'Cause I'm so callousedAnd now I can't feelI want to run to YouWith heart wide openMake me broken
Make emptySo I can be filled'Cause I'm still holdingOnto my willAnd I'm completedWhen you are with meMake me empty
Chorus'Til You are my one desire'Til You are my one true love'Til You are my breath, my everythingLord, please keep making me
Make me lonelySo I can be Yours'Til I want no oneMore than You, Lord'Cause in the darknessI know You will hold meMake me lonely









No comments: