THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

How do you respond to insults?

In Psalm 22:6-8 David writes, "But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people. All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads" 'He trusts in the Lord' they say, 'let the Lord rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him'
People mocked David for His faith. They could only see what looked like failure, pain, and misery. In Job 2:9 we see the same thing, only this time it was a loved one hurling the insults, "His wife said to him, “Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!”

Job answered his wife by  saying, "“You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” In all this, Job did not sin in what he said" did you catch that? Job did not sin in what he said! He answered with kindness and love, he did not retaliate with harsh words. Job said she was 'acting' like a foolish women. Rebuking her behavior, not attacking her person. 


Although the Savior Jesus was yet to come David shares in His suffering when he answers in verses 16-22, "Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet. I can count all my bones; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing. But you, O Lord, be not far off; O my Strength, come quickly to help me. Deliver my life from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dogs. Rescue me from the mouth of the lions; save me from the horns of the wild oxen. I will declare your name to my brothers; in the congregation I will praise you" 

And we have the best example in our Lord Jesus Himself in 1Peter 2:23 "When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly" 

Vindication is the Lords. How will you respond when someone speaks rudely to you, insults you, or questions your faith? Do you not know what the scriptures say? "We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.” For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." Romans 12:1-4

No comments: