THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Please Forgive Me...

Hi Everyone,
 
I need to start by asking for your forgiveness.
 
 I have already confessed and repented before God. Let me explain. I came across the American Bible Challenge on T.V. and at first thought it was pretty cool. Then I had this sudden weight of conviction come over me that we have reduced God's Holy Sacred Word to a game show. Immediately Titus 2:7 came to mind "And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching" But that's not what I am confessing, that was just the begining of God's conviction on me. Next I was reading Hebrews and Hebrews 12:28 and 29 says this, "Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.”  Later in the day I was reading D. Martin Lloyd Jones "Preaching and Preachers" and he says in his book, and I quote "God is always supposed to be approached with reverence and with godly fear: for our God is a consuming fire. To discuss God in a casual manner, lounging in a chair, is something we should never allow. Certainly it should never be discussed in a light spirit and it should never be regarded as a matter of entertainment"
 
The Holy Spirit convicted me severely and I came to tears, you see I had scheduled Saturday the 16th of March as a "Christian Karaoke Night" sounds harmless and fun but the Lord showed me the danger lies in this...Songs of worship are just that, WORSHIP not entertainment. Acts 13:2 tells us. "As they ministered (worshiped)  to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them" Worship is Ministering directly unto the Lord and He seperates us or sets us apart for His service when we do.

The Word of God is supposed to be revered and approched as if we are approaching God Himself! I was deceived in thinking Christian Karaoke was harmless, I was wrong becuase it was approaching Worship in a casual, lighthearted, entertaining fashion. For this...Please forgive me!
 
The night has not been cancelled, but instead of Christian Karaoke it will now be a night of prayer and worship, with a holy fear and reverance for the One we are worshipping.
 
Saturday March 16th, 6-9pm. @ Evangel
 
Come worship the King with me!

In Christ Holy Name, Bart Helmbreck

No comments: