THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Can't Sleep...

Hi  Guys,


2:00 am. Can't sleep so I got up and spent some time in prayer then opened up the blog to read what my brother Abner had posted, ""GOD SHOULD BE FIRST IN OUR LIFE'S! IF NOT, EVERYTHING ELSE AMOUNTS TO ZERO!" Well, let me tell you why what I read is so amazing.

My 15 year old daughter is suffering with an eating disorder, OCD, and sever anxiety that even leads to seizures. Through this tough time though we have been praying together and getting into God's word, not just healing verses but getting to know God. Thursday, her therapist gave her an assignment. She had to rate various things in her life from 0-10 on how important they are to her. Things such as family, friends, school, etc. on the list was religion/spirituality. She asked me, "Dad, I'm not sure how to answer this question" I replied, "let me rephrase the question for you, how important is God in your life today?" She answered, "A lot more than he used to be" which is great! She's growing in her relationship. She then rated God a 9 on a scale of 1-10. Again, great, she's growing.

This brings us to this morning. As hard as it is to watch my child suffer, the prayer God placed in my heart was this, "Lord, do not relent on this child until you are not just a 10, but until You are the most important thing in her life, if that means more suffering, then so be it, I know your grace is sufficient and you will carry her through this, Lord, I am not asking for a life of ease and comfort, I want her to know you, so do whatever is necessary to draw her near to Yourself" This sounds noble, but it's is one of the hardest prayers I have ever prayed, then I open the blog and read these words of truth... "GOD SHOULD BE FIRST IN OUR LIFE'S! IF NOT, EVERYTHING ELSE AMOUNTS TO ZERO"

You see if God lets up on her now, and things get better, it may hinder her from growing further in her relationship. Matthew 5:3 says, "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they will inherit the kingdom of heaven" The poor in spirit, those who understand they are spiritually bankrupt without Jesus, those who know their complete dependency upon God.

Do you really want God's will for your child, or are you praying for the American dream? A good and easy life of comfort and fun. It's hard to watch my child suffer but Romans 5:3-5 tells me, "we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces
perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

No comments: