THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The youth are the future!

I normally do my personal studies at home.
But this morning, I just sensed the urgency to study at my office.
Things were going as planned.
When suddenly, I heard the doorbell ring @ 7:30.
Curious as to whom it could be, I answered.

A young man, from a nearby high school was trying to get in.
I opened the door & greeted him.
I quickly found out that he was here for an ACT test.
I called our church administrators.
They told me that the persons involved would not be arriving until 8:30.
So I took the time to get acquainted with this young man.

It turns out that it was one of the most exciting days of his life.
He had come to this country about 7 years ago.
Not in pursuit of fame or riches.
But he desperately desired an education.
He wanted to pursue law.
With an ultimate goal of one day returning to his home country & becoming president.

Curious as to why, I asked him to explain his reasoning.
He had such high expectations!

This is what he told me;
"PASTOR, MY COUNTRY IS A VERY POOR COUNTRY!"
"WE HAVE A PRESIDENT WHO TELLS THE PEOPLE THAT THEY CAN WORSHIP THE GOD OF ANY RELIGION AS LONG AS WE LIVE IN PEACE WITH EACH OTHER!"
"MY PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING BECAUSE OF THIS!"
"I BELIEVE THAT GOD CREATED ME TO BE A LIGHT!"
"I BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS LORD & ONLY HE CAN SAVE MY PEOPLE!"
"I WILL ONE DAY RETURN & COMPLETE GOD'S PLAN FOR MY LIFE, BY FAITH!"

I encouraged him to continue seeking Jesus for guidance throughout his life.
He readily accepted.
"PLEASE CONTINUE PRAYING FOR OUR YOUTH!"
"THEY ARE GOD'S PLAN FOR THE FUTURE!"
"LET US EQUIP THEM AS BEST WE CAN!"

No comments: