THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

What would you do?

This happened to me last year but I wanted to share this story again for those who have not heard it. 

 You are walking down a path and you come across a very deep hole in the ground. At the bottom of this hole is a man and he is asking you to help him up. It is obvious to you that he is hungry, dirty, and he needs a change of clothing as his is badly torn. He is trapped and has no way out.

Would you help him up?

 Was your answer yes? If so, did you first stop to ask how the man got in the hole? Maybe he lost his footing, maybe he was pushed in, maybe he was being foolish,  maybe he was blind and did not see the hole. If you knew ahead of time how he wound up in the hole would the reason reason he fell have made a difference as to you helping him up?

 The reason I ask these questions is this...I was in the grocery store today and I walked past a woman wearing a t-shirt that said "I support same sex marriage" when I read her shirt, I am sure with what I was thinking, I gave a look of disgust.

 Just seconds after walking past her God spoke to me and asked me the same questions that I asked you just moments ago. He showed me that we have all "fallen" and need help up. When we cry out to Jesus Christ He lifts us up and sets us free. It doesn't matter what we did to cause us to fall. He simply helps us up. (Psalm 116 says, "He lifts us up from the pit and places our feet on solid ground so that we may praise him")

 When I read the woman's shirt my thoughts should have been "She has fallen and needs help up. She needs to be fed the word of God, clothed with compassion and washed clean by the Holy Spirit" My first reaction should have been 'prayer'

 When you look at the wordly people around you are you looking at them with disgust or as people who have fallen and need a Saviour? 

Does your heart harden or break?

The Lord is faithfull in giving the things we ask in His name. You see, I ve been praying for a renewing of my mind, a transformation. God is begining to open my eyes.

And yes, I did stop and pray.

No comments: