THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

God ain't Playin'

But to the wicked, God says: “What right have you to recite my law or take my covenant on your lips? You hate my instruction and cast my words behind you. When you see a thief, you join with him; you throw in your lot with adulterers. You use your mouth for evil and harness your tongue to deceit. You speak continually against your brother and slander your own mother’s son. These things you have done and I kept silent; you thought I was altogether  like you. But I will rebuke you and accuse you to your face. “Consider this, you who forget God, or I will tear you to pieces, with none to rescue: He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God.” ~ Psalm 50:16-33 ~

Galatians 6:7 tells us, " Do not be deceived, God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. Have you ever heard an ungodly person verbally quote scripture, seen them post Bible verses on the Internet, or share how God has blessed them with this or that? Well, that's what God is talking about here. He says in so many words "don't confuse my patience with you thinking your getting away with living in sin, when I decide the time is right, I will pour out my wrath on you and administer My justice" God says those who do not belong to Jesus don't even have the right to recite His Word. YIKES!

Now before you start pointing fingers and judging, Jesus in Revelation chapter three says basically the same thing to the Church, specifically to those who are lukewarm in their faith, doing just enough to satisfy their own conscience so they can feel good about being a Christian without actually having to make sacrifices or die to their own personal passions and pleasures. 

So what does God require? Thank Offerings. God wants us to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. In other words our external worship should be a true indicator of the heart. Are you living a life worthy of the calling you have recieved? Do your interactions with people reflect Christ? God wants everything, starting with your heart. Examine your life to see if there is any area where you are lukewarm or a hypocrite, if there is, confess it, repent from it, and then walk in the freedom that is only in Christ Jesus. The promise is from God Himself, "He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God"

No comments: