THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

BACK TO WHERE IT ALL BEGAN...

Starting Wednesday March 19th we are going back to Mayfair Mall. For those of you that don't know the story behind Remnant Force let me share God's amazing plan.

5 years ago I was a fairly new Christian and had never attended a Bible study in my life. I was looking for a men's group in which I could sit quietly in the back and just listen. Well, I was walking through the food court at Mayfair Mall one day talking to God about this when He said to me, "Sit, and I will build it" I am embarrassed to say my response was "Uhmmmm, apparently you didn't hear me, I just want to join a group and sit in the back" again God said to me, "Sit, and I will build it" this time I was obedient.The Lord told me to name it, "Remnant Force" as it was for the remnant that would be drawn to Him. He then said, "don't play games, let there be seriousness in your teaching"  

This was on a Wednesday morning, so every Wednesday I went to Mayfair Mall and I sat where God told me to sit and I waited. A few weeks went by and nothing happened, I would read my Bible and plan lessons, a few more weeks goes by and nothing. Now I am starting to doubt. Well, four months go by and nothing, nata, zip, zilch. I am about to give up, thinking it was not God's voice I heard after all when the following week...five different men from all around Milwaukee came and sat down. None of them planning on being there with the other and some I knew and some I did not. In fact George M'Lay from Tanzania was one of them (he just "happened" to be walking by and saw our Bibles) we started to meet and over the next 4 years guys came and went as The Lord enabled, many men straight out of prison came to get fed, some came for years and others for a short time. 

We grew and today through Evangel Assembly of God we are a Ministry to the city of Milwaukee with a committee of 12 men, a working budget, a blog that's has reached over 15,000 men worldwide, hosted our first city wide Men's Conference, and are helping men in their walk with Christ daily. All praise and Glory to God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! 

 Last year we took a break from the Mall to work on building the Ministry but this Wednesday (March 19th) we will be once again meeting on Wednesday Mornings from 8:15am-9:45am. Back to where it all began, that we might be a public presence to the outside world. We meet in the Food Court Upstairs (look for the Bibles) I encourage you if you are able, to come out and join us. Even if you can't come every week, come when you are able. 

Let me motivate you with this.  The apostles were supported by all the believers gathering together. Gathering together is important. The church loses some of its power when its members fail to express solidarity by gathering together publicly. Some people regard involvement in the body of Christ as an elective. They decide whether to participate based on what else they have to do. But in any dynamic advance of the church, every individual believer senses a responsibility to be present in community. In the early church, there was a commitment to be present when the community met in large public meetings and in smaller home group cells. Each of the thousands of believers added to the church in Acts had this commitment.
They gathered as a whole group in spite of threats and warnings in They were committed to meeting together in spite of danger or inconvenience. The believers did not hide away in private meetings but continued to meet in public, visible places. They met outside and their faithful presence and solidarity were a witness to the world.

WHAT: Men's Bible Study and Fellowship
WHEN: Every Wednesday Morning
WHERE: Mayfair Mall Food Court
TIME: 8:15-9:45

No comments: