THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

O' What a Happy Soul am I

Today I wish to share a poem. This poem was written about a hundred and fifty years ago by a 8 year old blind girl by the name of Fannie Crosby. 

"O' what a happy soul am I.  Although I cannot see, I am resolved that in this world, contented I will be. How many blessings I enjoy that other people don't. To weep and sigh because I'm blind, I cannot, I wont."

To be content means to be satisfied with what you have. Paul was beaten, stripped, run out of town, homeless, and hungry more often than not and he says's in Philippians 4:11 "...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances" It's OK to have desires and dreams, and it's OK to achieve them, we just do not put them above God, and regardless of whether we achieve them or not, we praise God in spite of our circumstances because we know our real blessing is not found in material things but in abiding in Jesus and being reunited with God. Jesus tells us in Luke 11:28 "Blessed are those who hear God's word and obey it" Fanny Crosby went on to write over a thousand poems, many which are used as hymns even today, she had multiple books published and at least 4 biography's written about her. And don't forget she started it all as a little blind girl.

No comments: