THREE FOLD MISSION & VISION.

BRINGING UNITY IN THE BODY THROUGH LOCAL GATHERINGS, CONFERENCES, & CONCERTS. PRESENTING THOSE IN CHRIST FULLY MATURE WITH DISCIPLESHIP, TEACHING, & CLASSES. REACHING THE LOST BY GOING TO THE SINNERS & SHARING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

WISDOM

WISDOM: The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” ~ Proverbs 18:21 ~ What does this really mean? Can I speak things into existence? In a practical application of this text let's look at the Israelites. Joshua was about to take them into the promised land but first they were to consecrate themselves to the Lord, then, when they saw the Ark of the covenant they were to move, but they were to follow at a safe distance behind the Word of God because they had not been that way before. Isaiah tells us "When at a crossroads look for the ancient path, look for the good way, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls" so let's give this an example of how we might use this today: I am invited to someone's house for a celebration event and I find out there is going to be someone there who I always seem to have a conflict with...I should make sure my heart is right before God, humbled and pride removed. Then, I should look to the Word of God concerning the situation, what does the Word say about dealing with conflict? "Where there is no fuel for the fire it burns out, a quiet voice reduces arguments, when slandered speak kindly" etc. Now I speak these words out loud as a sword of the Spirit "it is written" Now, I follow safely behind the Word of God acting in a manner according to what was spoken. It is here I find life and prosperity, for God say's "today I set before you blessings and curses, life and death, choose life and live! 

No comments: